Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

I cannot believe how perfect this winter has been!! Perfect? It has been bitter cold the last 2 days--single digit cold. That is not unusual for KS, in fact it is very close to me and Chris' Anniversary which is often a very cold time of year. Last year we went to Wichita for a weekend get away and it was 3* when we ventured out of our hotel. IT was 6* this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But then this afternoon and evening it snowed again and I JUST LOVE SNOW!!!!!!!!! There's got to be a poem in there-- it is so quiet and surprising. It was kind of grey and cloudy and almost foggy and then snowflakes, small flakes were everywhere. Very cool. The tiniest flakes I've ever seen just kept falling and falling and snowing. When we went to church tonight there was maybe an inch or more. I told the kids, little flakes did this because they were persistent and kept falling. Awesome.We are fortunate that we do not have 13 feet like NY, just beautiful snow. Please God help me remember this in the summer when it is sweltering HOT.

Ramble ramble. I want to post some adorable photos I have!

Alan is missing Chance!!!!!!!! Common sense alone keeps me from calling the Lyons pound to see if he is still there. He went into town 4 times in one week! But we can be thankful for the few months (and many photos) we have of him! He was so sweet and so maddening! He also had a bad trick of going down to the family room and peeing, so I had to be so vigilent!

Erin's grandma gave her this stuffed horse for christmas and she sleeps with it every night. The other night I had to just laugh when I went to check her. Isn't this the sweetest picture?

OK that is enough for the night!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I love Chance's roll under his neck. So loveable!