Sunday, January 21, 2007

God's Majesty is white this morning....

This is what my brother Bill said this morning and I must say it was what I was thinking as I walked the dogs eary this a.m. Kansas is blanketed in a beautiful sparkly snow. It was very windy through the night, but this morning it was totally peaceful. I got to see the fields completely unblemished and a sheet of shimmering white. I could see the tracks of a fox/ coyote make it's way down the railroad track and circle our chicken coupe (hmmm) The trees glistened, the earth was hushed... I LOVED IT! God is so amazing. I am trying to think of a verse that captures it:

3When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained; 4What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? 5Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty! 6You make him to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, 7All sheep and oxen, And also the beasts of the field, 8The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea, Whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 9O LORD, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth!

We enjoyed the snow storm yesterday and today we had wonderful time playing in the snow. Here are some pictures: we went sledding KS style, behind the 4 wheeler. Very fun, except the snow was so powdery that it realllllllllly smacked ya in the face.

No comments: